The following are community resources for women and families:
- Resource Center for Parents and Children: "A place for parents to get more than on-the-job training."
- Interior Independent Practice Association: Includes a physician finder for other health care professionals in the Interior.
- Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living: (Toll Free) 1-800-478-7273. A shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Services include crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy and support, legal advocacy, education/referrals for women and children.
- Regional Public Health Center Interior Region: Public health nurses, including lactation consultants.
National women's health resources:
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Nurse Midwives: explains the role of the nurse midwife, also has articles on pregnancy and baby care.
- Medline Plus: a good source of general medical information.
- National Women's Health Resource Center